Parking at IPG is now under University Policy
To reach the campus from Interstate 81 (southbound and northbound):
- From Interstate 81, take Exit 118 to reach the exit ramps for all three of the exits at this location. There is only one exit ramp serving the exits; missing the ramp means a trip north to Exit 128 or south to Exit 114 to turn around.
- Take Exit 118B onto U.S. 460 West. This exit connects directly to the Christiansburg Bypass. Follow the signs for Blacksburg/Virginia Tech. The U.S. 460 bypass between Blacksburg and Christiansburg is a limited-access highway from 1-81 to the campus entrance at Southgate Drive.
- Watch signs carefully for routes and directions. From the bypass, Bus. U.S. 460 — South Main Street, exits to the right (take South Main Street as one route to reach downtown Blacksburg).
- Keep left and stay on U.S. 460 West, signed for “Virginia Tech, Bluefield” to continue directly to the university.
- Drive for 2.5 miles on U.S. 460 to the traffic light at VA 314, Southgate Drive. Turn right onto Southgate Drive. There is a campus map a quarter-mile on the right and the Visitor Information Center is a half-mile from U.S. 460 on the right.
- Continue to the stoplight at Spring Road and turn left onto Spring.
- Continue past Lane Stadium and Cassell Coliseum to the stop sign at Washington Street and turn right onto Washington.
- Continue through the stop sign at Kent Street and take the first left after the stop sign onto Otey Street.
- Continue past Wall Street and at the bottom of the hill turn right onto Roanoke Street.
- We are the last house on the right (at the corner of Roanoke Street and Draper Road).